Thursday, May 11, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#224): Seeker by Veronica Rossi


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Seeker by Veronica Rossi!


I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm taking my foot off the brake. Just this once. Just to feel what I've imagined all these months. I lift onto my toes and bring my mouth to his.

I thought he'd hesitate or draw away, but he doesn't. He wraps his arms around me and we collide, connect, combine. His lips are surprisingly soft, his tongue softer, but the energy between us is hard, desperate. Every cell in my body charges with his strength, his energy, his clean alpine smell. His uneven breaths dance with mine, our hunger for each other raw and equal. 

- Page 97 (final copy)



The romance in this book is slow-burn and swoony, with a little bit of angst! I'm enjoying it so far. I can't wait to see how the series ends!

24 comments:

  1. Ooh LA LA! I see why you picked this one. Enjoy 😉!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh great swoon! I love the cover for this one! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good slow-burn, swoony romance! Hold the angst, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I want to read this book so much--this scene sounds amazing :D Thank you for sharing! :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it a lot! You just missed my giveaway for a copy. :o

      Delete
  5. I love a good slow burning romance! Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh sounds like a romance for me! :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, sounds great! Wish I'd read the first book now! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaasss! You should binge-read the series, Mogsy! I think you'd like these books. =)

      Delete
  8. Oh yes....finals! Good luck and we will be here when you get back!
    @TeacherofYA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay :D Awesome swoon sweetie. <3 I had issues with book one, but I'm pretty curious about reading this one even so :D Glad you are enjoying it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book has a faster pace than book one, which is great! If you end up reading this one, I hope you like it. :D

      Delete
  10. I love a slow burn romance. I have the first book on my shelf ready to go. I need to get to this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great series to binge-read, Carole!

      Delete
  11. I like a girl who takes control. Nice swoon choice!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!